Just another immature rant

| 07 April 2010 | |
Imagine you’re a kid wobbling up to your parents, chest puffing and very eager to be praised for getting an A for maths.

To be squashed when they start arguing.

Yea, that’s what I felt during dinner.

I was anxious to tell them about the dance event, and also asked their permission if I can participate. I really am interested in dancing. I thought they’d support me, tho a ‘lil worried about my studies, and say, “Leng, not bad. Good for you!”.

What do I freaking get before I announced my news?

‘Your grandma wasting food’, ‘I don’t want to get involved with this’, ‘Our money wasted’, bla bla.

I decided to shut up then. What’s the point in telling them now? And then my dad had to go on about;

‘I’ve told you many times, you can’t clip it this way. That’s the point I taught you about it. Didn’t listen’.

‘I’ve told you I’m going to start work soon, and now that I am, you don’t even have any responsibility. Can’t even take in the clothes. Be more proactive instead of lazying around’.

Like, wtf?

It wasn’t me who hung the clothes up. It was YOU.

I came back at 6pm, I had to wash my rabbit and her cage which took 45 minutes, then had to set the table, cook rice, fold the clothes. It was around 7.10 when I was done, and I’d to bath straight and dinner’s at 7.30. I wasn’t at home since 7.10am, how could I have taken in the clothes, or make sure my grandma doesn’t overcook, or all the chores I did since 6pm were done? I’M NOT THERE! I WAS IN SCHOOL. EVER BOTHERED ASKING?

Thought of explaining, but why bother? He’s just into that blaming mood, and since he’d blast it off at my grandma, it’s now my turn. So what if I goddamn stomped away from the dinner table? You think anyone would want to listen to crap about money wasted and their grandparents going to hell during dinner?

What’s with the drama?? No point in being so dramatic and not find a solution. So stupid, really. Bad enough it was my mum ( yet again ) who started it by blaming my grandma.

I really hate this. To want to be closer to your family and when you’re finally about to achieve it, they do something revolting like this to get you pissed and ashamed of them. Family is about trusting each other right? Well, we don’t and I don’t and I’ve never trusted anyone much ever since then. Hah, my bro doesn’t even trust some of my family members.

Feeling miserable. And my day was great until this.

THANK YOU FAMILY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment