Best Friend drama

| 18 August 2011 | |
I know this post would never end this problem, but I just want to make this clear to people.

Most of you would know, my best friend is a guy.

Because he’s a guy, people think the Hollywood magic would happen; ‘’Oh they’re going to couple for sure!’’. And when it is denied, people think; ‘’Ok, he likes her. That’s definitely why he’s so close to her’’.

Fine. People tend to stereotype that way. That’s normal.

But what’s not normal is how matters get out of hand.

Let me just list it out for all you ignorant idiots.

1)      Because he’s malay, certain people disapprove of our bond. For instance, my grandpa. He thinks it’s unsightly I am so close to a guy, especially a malay. Then there’s my dad, not disapproving about us, but in general, brings him into any complaints he has over political issues.

2)      Nowadays when I do date or hope to date, the guys would start to point fingers at him, insisting he likes me and how cowardly he is to not man up about his ‘true’ feelings. Then they start insulting him, hating him, and just treat him like a convict.

3)      This hacker who apparently liked me tried to sabotage his internet life because the hacker believes that he is a threat to my life, therefore trying to erase him from being my best friend. Even though it was proven that my best friend is here to help, and not cause whatever stupid nonsense the hacker believed, he was still hacked so that the hacker can prove he likes me.

So here’s my defence for what I believe in.

1)      So what if he is not Chinese?!?? At least he’s there to give me support, be the shoulder to cry on when everyone in my family is busy cursing at each other!!

2)      So what IF he does like me? Why does that concern you bastards?! IF he does, shouldn’t I be worried, NOT you??? Oh, so you’re trying to ‘warn’ me?? You think I’ve never heard of this nonsense since we became friends??? Even if it’s true, he KNOWS I would never like him that way, and we would still be friends after he confessed. And I’m not saying this is true, but that would happen if it is.

3)      He got hacked, it’s my entire fault, and yet he doesn’t blame me for it. His conversations were stalked, small and stupid hints of him liking me were emailed to me by the hacker, and so many silly things happened just cause he is my best friend.

4)      Only a month or so ago, my ‘best friend’ IMed me saying he likes me, telling how he never said it before because he was scared. He even told my other friend. The next day when I tried to confirm the truth, when he didn’t pick up my call, I called my other friend to get her to contact him instead. When he finally answered my call, he confirmed it was the HACKER, not him. But the damage was done. My other friend was so in believe with what the liar said, she screamed at my best friend for denying the truth. And ever since then, she has been believing he actually DOES like me.

Just so you know…

It hurts;
·         That people accuse you as if you’re blind about the situation.
·         When other guys you considered dating accuse your best friend without knowing the truth.
·         When people are so stubborn they don’t think the whole situation thoroughly.
·         When one of your good friends whom you trust would know the truth, is siding with the disbelievers.
·         That whenever this happens, without fail my best friend would say he is sorry when he is not the one at wrong.

If people started rumours about your best friend, how would YOU feel? What if people talked lies about your family, won’t YOU feel like your heart is being ripped out??

When I am in a foul mood, I would snap at him at treat him unfairly.

When I am crying, I would tell him about events in painstakingly full detail.

When I am under stress, I would lose my patience over him

When I am lazy, I ignore him.

And yet here he is, still taking in whatever shyte I give him.

All these traits, can be found within a good friend. Be it guy or girl.

I chose to be friends with a guy, and I picked the right choice.

And that’s why; you people have no rights to say anything about this. NO rights at all.

If you’re still so blind as to think I’m being blind, then YOU are the blind one because you have never been in my shoes. So shut the hell up.

Oh, and I would never shed a tear for a guy. No guy is worth a girl’s tears unless they are happy tears. As for all the tears I’ve shed in this ‘unnecessary’ battle of friendship for 2.5 years, they are to pity the blind ass*****.

0 comments:

Post a Comment